Employment Opportunities – Full and Part Time Positions Available
THERAPISTS – full time permanent and part-time positions available
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday, day shifts
(Day Treatment and Outpatient Service hours vary)
Part Time: Hours will be negotiated based on availability
- To actively engage youth and their families in a therapeutic process the includes assessment, goal setting and evidence-based intervention.
- To provide individual, family and group therapy.
- To work effectively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- To maintain a strong knowledge base in specialized areas such as anxiety, depression, suicidal ideation and behaviour, borderline personality disorder and other disorders occurring with the youth served.
- To quickly assess and pro-actively provide clinical input to the treatment team regarding identified areas of concern or high risk behaviours.
- To demonstrate a high degree of skill in relating to parents/guardians regarding the nature of risk situations and to assist parents/guardians with safety planning.
- To coordinate services by facilitating relationships between the youth, their family, and all outside resources including; social services, health organizations and community schools.
- To formulate treatment plans that incorporate the most appropriate evidence-based interventions, progress statements and discharge summaries.
- Masters in Social Work, Psychology, or Counseling; preferably a minimum of three years’ experience in a setting providing treatment services to youth and their families; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Registration and good standing with the appropriate governing regulatory body.
Experience in working with youth or mental health services is a definite asset.
Salary and Benefits:
Maryvale offers a positive work environment and has a non-smoking and scent-free campus
Please apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org